HOME      ABOUT      FAVORITE POSTS      ESSENTIAL OILS      COLLABORATE      BLOGLOVIN      CONTACT

5/11/15

Weekly Goals vol 1

I've been following Alicia Hutchinson for quite some time now, she is a homeschool mom that I look up to for inspiration.  She just recently moved and started posting weekly goals to keep herself accountable and I thought....hm....I need something like that!  So here I go:



Health Goals

Take a walk 3 nights a week with my family.  The kids love walking around the neighborhood looking for nature finds.

Also, I need to drink more water and less coffee.  So I am limiting my coffee to 1 cup in the morning.  This is going to be so hard for me, I love my coffee!

Home Goals

Right now my living room is a big MESS, I cleared the "new" homeschool room that used to be my sewing/craft room so now all those things are in the living room needing to be organized.  Im taking pictures of items Im wanting to sell and posting them on Instagram @melsclosetandthings.

Homeschool Goals

Starting right in the morning, this is the hardest for me.  The kids start playing and I have a hard time breaking that up.  Then one thing after the other and by them time I look at the clock its 11:00 and the kids are wanting lunch and we have yet to begin school.  

So this week we started right after breakfast, we read the bible and do our devotionals and start our "school".

Parenting Goals 

Alicia's parenting Goal was to look at her children in the eyes when they are talking and I just fell in LOVE with that.  Its hard sometimes to get caught up in emails, text messaging, and checking Instagram.   I will be doing the same, EYE contact is so important, our children need to know that we are listening and I know it aggravates me so much when my children don't look at me when I am talking to them as well.

Personal Goals

This weeks personal goals for me is to change in the morning, that means no "YOGA" pants.  I need to dress up and it makes you feel so good.  You get a boost of energy when you are ready to tackle the things that need to be done.  Also, Im showing my kids that getting ready for the day is important.   So my children are also changing in the morning before coming downstairs for breakfast.

Make sure you check out Alicia's posts on weekly goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment